Construction Supervisor Job
Date: Jul 7, 2014
Location: Steubenville, OH, US
Company: Hess Corporation
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is transforming from an integrated oil and gas company with downstream operations into a focused, higher growth, lower risk, pure-play E&P company. When the announced divestitures are completed, we will become a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We operate primarily in five major areas of the world where we have extensive knowledge and experience: Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, West Africa, Southeast Asia and onshore U.S. In America we are a leader in shale oil and gas production and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We seek smart people who are innovative, share our values and want to make a meaningful difference in the world and in their careers.
We are committed to meeting the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities in which we do business.
For additional information regarding Hess Corporation, visit our website at www.hess.com.
The successful candidate will be oversee onsite construction of oil and gas pipelines, well locations and facilities, pumping units & other necessary equipment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise and coordinate the construction process from conceptual development through final construction, making sure those projects get done on time and within budget.
* Development of standard processes and use of LPC (last production planner) & SPS software to schedule all work
* Plan, direct, schedule, and monitor the progress of multiple construction crews and other related services and equipment in the field.
* Coordinate multiple major activities at the same time.
* Track daily project costs and work within a defined budget.
* Interface with various disciplines, such as, engineering, purchasing, maintenance, completions, production, drilling, and workover personnel.
* Responsible for upholding Hess safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* Conduct daily tailgate safety meetings, JSA's, and attend monthly safety meetings.
* Report safety and environmental hazards, near misses, and accidents to supervisor.
* Working knowledge of oil and gas processes and equipment.
* Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, PFDs, and Isometric drawings.
* Have a proficient understanding of materials specifications and various ASME codes and standards such as: B31.3, B31.3, and B31.8.
* 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferred but not required.
* Exhibit flexibility and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Should be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences, changes, and delays.
* Willingly accept responsibility and accountability with a positive attitude.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Teamwork - work effectively with others outside the line of normal authority to accomplish goals
* Highly motivated and self starter
Education, Training & Certifications
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Familiar with computers and software programs for job costing, estimating, online collaboration, scheduling, and daily/weekly reporting
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
* Builds Trusted Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Creates Effective Teams
* Thinks Strategically
* Inspires Innovation
* Demonstrates Courage
* Drives Continuous Improvement
* Makes Quality Decisions
* Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Manager, CSR, Management
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field