Sr Mechanical Technical Lead - Rotating Equipment Job
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Craft Logistics Specialist supports the Offshore Craft Technicians and the Senior Logistic Specialist according to the priorities established by the Asset and conducts assurance on all the activities. This is an office-based position in Houston, TX.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures compliance with Hess and Regulatory requirements
- Provides input into the Integrated Activitity Plan (IAP) and ensures work preparation for all activities to meet PM, CM and Schedule Compliance targets
- Assist Planning Groups with:
- Supports the Maintenance, Craft and Offshore Logistic Specialist according to the priorities established by the GOM Operations and the M&RI Team.
- Accountable to ensure quality of SAP master data to standards (equipment, job plans, BOMs)
- Assist equipment reliability teams (ERTs) to improve PM's and equipment performance.
- Functions as a subject matter expert for SAP PM and Prometheus.
- Serves as the primary contact / liaison between contractors and Hess to
- Manage progress of work
- Updating work orders with time, information and getting them closed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates resources for execution of work (break-in).
- During Houston based Planning and Scheduling Meetings, participates in coverage of: Safety Hot Spots, Regulatory Hot Spots, Production impact activities, any drilling or workover activities, subsea activities and any SIMOPS activities coming up on the IAP schedule.
- Managing Break-In’s (Priority 0’s and 1’s)
- Strong support with the scheduling review for proper resources and timing.
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 60% and Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 40%
EHS & Regulatory Compliance
- Take into consideration compliance with all Hess and Regulatory requirements including the following:
- 30 CFR 250 Subpart O regulations.
- Understand, Communicate, Monitor, and Re-enforce compliance of Work Execution Processes.
- The Hess MoC Process and implementation on the facility GOM-EHS-PRO-01004 Management of Change
- The Hess PTW System impacts
- The Hess SIMOPS plan and implementation on the facility impacts
- Assure regulatory compliance (BSEE, USCG, ABS) submittals and approvals are understood for the Planned activities.
- Demonstrates positive EHS behaviors in all interactions:
- Engage in two-way dialogue with employees, contractors, and other stakeholders on EHS issues – reinforce positive EHS behaviors
- Deliver improvement in EHS performance in the following areas:
- Understand HIPO lessons learned to properly plan on future related activities.
- Process Safety risks understood and considered with the scheduled activities.
- Occupational health & safety risks understood and considered with the scheduled activities.
- Management of environmental risks with the scheduled activities.
- Leadership Site Visits – ensuring a minimum of 8 per year
Production and Cost Deliverables
- Delivers (IAP) schedule and ensures work preparation for all activities to meet Schedule Compliance targets:
- Support the Publishing of the 90d and IAP schedules
- Monitor schedule compliance
- Accountable for Master Data quality; ensuring corrections are raised when required (and in MoC compliance)
- Oversight that Work Orders prepared with correct resources, material and cost estimates to deliver schedule
- Oversight that materials for scheduled work for current week is staged and bagged ready for technicians
- Oversight of the bad actor equipment list and liaison with MRI team to meet reliability expectations
- Ensures Lean culture and principles of continuous improvement implemented:
- Ensures common improvement opportunities are implemented consistently within the area and across the crews
- Drives efforts to eliminate defects, optimize the efficiency of operational processes and work execution at all levels, ensuring lean continuous improvement principles are applied where necessary.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- 10 years production operations experience required. 15+ years preferred.
- Offshore Deepwater experience preferred, but Onshore equivalent would be considered.
- Specific equipment knowledge in rotating equipment operation and maintenance (i.e. turbines, compressors, pumps) as well as associated process systems for offshore production.
- Achieve, implement and comply with GoM competency requirements of Craft Logistics Specialist GOM-CAT-PRO-01000-0 GOM Production Competence Assurance and Training (CAT) Procedure)
- Comply with and meet HESS Corporation and regulatory competence requirements through completion.
- Responsible for Mechanic and I&E Tech competency development / training
- Monitors contractor performance and competency to deliver improvements in efficient execution of work.
- Equipment subject matter experts:
- I&E: (Rockwell Automation/PLC's, Hart protocol, radars, pressure/temperature transmitters, SCADA systems, drives & motors, pneumatic and liquid instrumentation systems, fire and gas analyzers) ***
- Mechanical: Solar, Dresser Rand, Sulzer, Compression, Pumps, VRU’s, Rotating Equipment, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding around Personal and Process Safety.
- Good analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills; work with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP or other computerized maintenance management systems.
- Commercial acumen and awareness.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, SAP, Prometheus)
Core Behaviors and capabilities
- Good Planning Knowledge (knows what good looks like)
- Good Scheduling skills to be able to build schedules
- Good SPA knowledge and skills
- Take lessons learned from the planning, scheduling and execution of work and improve.
- Strong Lean knowledge and Leadership
- Good communication between everyone, from the lowest guy to the Leads. If everyone is communicating, it makes the job really easy.
- Continuous Improvement – 20%
- Process Execution – 30%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 20%
- Leadership / Coaching – 30%
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Brad Janik | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25185